Appointments - for Online submissions
To support Western's response to COVID-19:
The Writing Support Centre is not meeting with students in-person until further notice. Postdocs and graduate students can book an "appointment" using our online booking system to secure a date and time for their written work to be reviewed online. Students will have their online submission reviewed, and comments emailed to them, at the time their online appointment is scheduled. See the instructions below.
Written work can be submitted directly to Online Writing Assistance without a booked appointment. The online submission will be reviewed on a first-come first-served basis. Our response time will be dependent on the volume of submissions we receive. Our advisors will review any academic or professional writing at any stage of the writing process. Keep in mind, we are not an editing service. Our goal is to help you become a better writer and communicator.
*Book your appointment for ONLINE writing assistance. Here's how:
- Login to Western Connect
- Click on the blue "Book an Appointment" button on your dashboard
- Choose "Writing Support Centre Appointments" from the drop-down menu
- Select "View Calendar"
- Choose an Open time slot from the calendar and confirm your appointment.
If you do not see any open appointments we are fully booked. Check back for cancellations or book ahead.
Login to western Connect
- Submit your work before your scheduled appointment to Online Writing Assistance
High Demand Times, Cancellations, No-Show Policy
- Appointments are in high demand. Make your appointment well in advance to secure your place.
- To cancel an appointment, login to Western Connect, 'view' your appointment from your Dashboard, and cancel so your time slot can be made available for another student. Thanks!
- If you fail to submit your work prior to your appointment, you are considered a No-Show. After two No-Shows, students will not be able to book an appointment until the following term.
- Note that we do not accept bookings via email.
- Students are allowed one online submission at a time.
Appointment HoursOnline submissions will be revewed Monday to Friday, 9:30am - 4:30pm
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.