Online Writing Assistance
To support Western's response to COVID-19:
Western students can submit drafts of written assignments or writing-related questions to Writing Support Centre advisors online. Students with booked appointments will have their work reviewed at the time their appointment is scheduled. Written work submitted by students without a booked appointment will have their work reviewed on a first-come first-served basis. Our response time will be dependent on the volume of submissions we receive. As we transition our services from in-person to online we will provide updates on estimated response times.
How it works:
- Fill out the Online Writing Assistance form using the link below to submit a draft of your writing assignment or any writing-related questions.
- We are only able to respond to one submission at a time. Once you have submitted your work you must wait until you receive our feedback before submitting additional writing. Multiple submissions will be ignored.
- We spend the same time with online submissions as we do in our 50-minute one-to-one counselling sessions. This means we can read and comprehensively respond to about 5 pages of written work.
- Students should be as specific as possible with their questions for the writing advisor. Do not just cut and paste the assignment instructions.
- Students are limited to one submission per assignment.
- We are not an editing service. We are a teaching unit. We will provide general comments on how to improve your written work.
Where to submit your writing assignments:
- The Writing Support Centre only provides online help for work submitted using the following link: