Appointments - for Online submissions
The Writing Support Centre is not meeting with students in-person until further notice. Students can book an "appointment" for their paper using our online booking system to secure a time for their written work to be reviewed online. Students with booked appointments will have their work reviewed, and comments emailed to them, at the time their appointment is scheduled. See the instructions below.
Written work can be submitted directly to Online Writing Assistance without a booked appointment. Students will have their work reviewed on a first-come first-served basis. Our response time will be dependent on the volume of submissions we receive.
Our writing advisors will provide useful and informed feedback whatever your stage in the writing process. Our writing advisors can help you with all types of academic and professional writing across all disciplines. Keep in mind, we are not an editing service. Our goal is to help you become a better writer and communicator.
Book a time to have your paper reviewed ONLINE. Here's how:
- Login to Western Connect
- Click on the blue "Book an Appointment" button on your dashboard
- Choose "Writing Support Centre Appointments" from the drop-down menu
- Select "View Calendar"
- Choose an Open time slot from the calendar and confirm your appointment.
If you do not see any open appointments we are fully booked. Check back for cancellations or book ahead.
Login to western connect
- Submit your work before your scheduled appointment time to Online Writing Assistance
High Demand Times, Cancellations, No-Show Policy
- Appointments are in high demand. Make your appointment well in advance to secure your place.
- To cancel an appointment, login to Western Connect, 'view' your appointment from your Dashboard, and select cancel, so your time slot can be made available for another student. Thanks!
- If you fail to submit your work after booking an appointment, you are considered a No-Show. After two No-Shows, students will not be able to book an appointment until the following term.
- Students are allowed one online submission at a time.
- We will respond to online submissions Monday to Friday, 9:30am - 4:30pm
Still have questions? Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.