In support of Western's response to COVID-19, the Writing Support Centre is now only taking online submissions of your writing. Our Weldon Drop-In and main centre (WSSB4100) are closed for in-person sessions until further notice.
There are two ways to submit your written work:
1. Students can book an "appointment" for their online submission to be reviewed by a writing advisor following the steps below.
2. Students can submit their written work to be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis at Online Writing Assistance . Response time will depend on the volume of submissions received.
If you already have a booked appointment, you can submit your written work to Online Writing Assistance. Your submission will be reviewed by an advisor and comments emailed to you at the time of your scheduled appointment. Questions - email@example.com
Book aN "appointment" to have an advisor Review Your Work ONLINE. Here's how:
Login to Western Connect
Click the blue "Book an Appointment" button on your dashboard
Select "Writing Support Centre Appointments" from the drop-down menu
Select "View Calendar"
Choose an Open time slot from the calendar and confirm your appointment. If you do not see any open appointments we are fully booked. Check back for cancellations or book ahead.
Submit your written work before your scheduled appointment to Online Writing Assistance
Writing Support Centre services:
- Individual one-to-one appointments at our centre in the Western Student Services Building
- Drop-In services at Weldon Library
- In-house seminars and workshops
- Online writing help
- Online writing resources
- Transitioning to university writing clinics for incoming students (SAWC)
- Outreach presentations for faculty
- GradWRITE: a series of seminars and annual conference tailored for grads and postdocs
- Graduate Writing Room: a resource lounge for grads and postdocs
- Dissertation Writers' Retreats